Hello friends - May is Celiac Awareness month we will celebrate with a 5k. REGISTER HERE To acknowledge celiac…
#GFreeWifeyFoodBank was created to celebrate Celiac Awareness Month, May of 2018. Jessica Danford is passionate about bringing attention to food insecurity here in Canada while starting the conversation on access to safe food. People with food allergies, intolerance and dietary restrictions use food banks too. How inspiring as we kick off the Holiday 2019 season to look back at all that has been accomplished. Together our amazing community has come together and donated nearly $4000 & 2040 pounds of gluten-free food to community partners.
Check out the all the #GFREEWIFEYFOODBANK community has achieved together so far;
- $1000 Daily Bread Food Bank – May 2018
- 200 pounds of food donated to Red Cross Mobile Foodbank – May 2018
- $1000 donation to The Stop Food Bank – August 2018
- Nominated for Daily Bread Best in Class award Community Champion – September 2018
- $1000 to the Canadian Celiac Association – October 2018 – Ran 5k for team CCA
- 200 pounds of food donated to The Mississauga Food Bank – January 2019
- Food Banks Canada to add GF to Data collection upon release in 2 years – January 2019
- 400 pounds of food donated to The Mississauga Food Bank – March 2019
- 100 pounds of food Donation to Feed It Forward – March 2019
- Food Rescue to add GF as a selective option in the dietary registration section – April 2019
- 900 pounds donated to Wychwood drop-in – May 2019
- 35 pounds of food served direct to registered clients in food hampers – June 2019
- 155 pounds donated to Foodbank of Waterloo region – September 2019
- 118 pounds of Food donated to The Mississauga Food Bank – November 2019
- 25 pounds of food delivered directly to clients registered with GFreeWifeyFoodBank
To date, we have provided 1’933 pounds of safe food to the people who need it most AND $3’914 to various charities to help them provide access to safe food in our communities.
#GFreeWifeyFoodBank gluten-free collection bins can be found at the following locations;
Barrie, Ontario – Cal’s Bakery and Cafe
Bowmanville, Ontario – Nutritional Kitchen
Kitchener, Ontario – Winnie’s Gluten-free Food
London, Ontario – Joanie’s Pastries
Nobleton, Ontario – Layered Shop
Oakville, Ontario – Sugar Suites Bakery
Orillia, Ontario – Bakes By The Lake
Waterloo, Ontario – Gluten-free by Suzie
THIS HOLIDAY SEASON to make it even easier for everyone to give what they can for our Holiday 2019 food drive
To donate funds visit the
Shop online and ship directly to us!
I am partnering with Amazon to make it easy for you to select the gluten-free items most needed for the food bank and ship them directly to us. This way you know exactly how your impacting access to safe food and minimizing huger. We can get the food directly to people who need it right away.
Click the GFreeWifey Shop and pick out some great deals then have them shipped directly to us so we can provide access to safe food quickly. Ship you food drive donations to our temporary shipping location:
c/o Canadian Celiac Association
1450 Meyerside Drive, Suite 503
L5T 2N5 Canada
SHOP #GFreeWifeyFoodBank MOST NEEDED ITEM
You can help GfreeWifeyfoodbank while cooking at home or buying a gift for someone you love, With Amazon Prime, you’ll get awesome deals for shipping!
Grab a copy of the GFreeWifey Community Cookbook.
All the profits directly support #Gfreewifeyfoodbank
If you are having challenges accessing food Register for #GFREEWIFEYFOODBANK Distribution list.
Once you complete the confidential registration form I will contact you as soon as possible