#GFreeWifeyFoodBank was created to celebrate Celiac Awareness Month, May of 2018. Jessica Danford is passionate about bringing attention to food insecurity here in Canada while starting the conversation on access to safe food. People with food allergies, intolerance and dietary restrictions use food banks too. How inspiring as we kick off the Holiday 2019 season to look back at all that has been accomplished. Together our amazing community has come together and donated nearly $4000 & 2040 pounds of gluten-free food to community partners.
Check out the all the #GFREEWIFEYFOODBANK community achieved together;
- $1000 Daily Bread Food Bank – May 2018
- 200 pounds of food donated to Red Cross Mobile Foodbank – May 2018
- $1000 donation to The Stop Food Bank – August 2018
- Nominated for Daily Bread Best in Class award Community Champion – September 2018
- $1000 to the Canadian Celiac Association – October 2018 – Ran 5k for team CCA
- 200 pounds of food donated to The Mississauga Food Bank – January 2019
- Food Banks Canada to add GF to Data collection upon release in 2 years – January 2019
- 400 pounds of food donated to The Mississauga Food Bank – March 2019
- 100 pounds of food Donation to Feed It Forward – March 2019
- Food Rescue to add GF as a selective option in the dietary registration section – April 2019
- 900 pounds donated to Wychwood drop-in – May 2019
- 35 pounds of food served direct to registered clients in food hampers – June 2019
- 155 pounds donated to Foodbank of Waterloo region – September 2019
- 118 pounds of Food donated to The Mississauga Food Bank – November 2019
- 25 pounds of food delivered directly to clients registered with GFreeWifeyFoodBank
To date, we have provided 1’933 pounds of safe food to the people who need it most AND $3’914 to various charities to help the provide access to safe food in our communities.
Where you will find GFreeWifey Food Bank next;
Sugar Suites Bakery – Oakville Ontario, Grand Re-opening Event – Saturday, November 30th, 7 pm – 10 pm
Come celebrate the re-opening of Lakeshore Road with us at our Champagne & Cupcakes party! Meet GFreeWifey as we launch the #GFreeWifeyFoodBank holiday food drive. Please bring a glutenfree donation to support access to safe food this holiday season. Gluten-free non-perishable donations will be accepted until December 31 At Sugar Suites. Ticket sales are through Sugar suites please refer any event inquiries to the vendor.
Your ticket price will include:
-Build your own cupcake station: pick your cupcake flavour, icing flavour, and toppings
-Two glasses of champagne
-Participation in our party games for prizes
Cal’s Bakery and Cafe – Barrie Ontario, GFreeWifey Food Bank, GFreeWifey Gluten-free Meet n Greet & Bread tasting, Sunday, December 1, 2019, 10 am – 2 pm
GFreeWifey is launching the #GFreeWifeyFoodBankHoliday food drive campaign and invites you to bring a gluten-free non-perishable donation to Cal’s Bakery On Sunday, December 1, 2019, between the hours of 10 – 2. Cal will be sampling all of his brand new in-house-made gluten-free bread. Come in and meet other glutenfree people from the community and help us provide access to safe food for all. You are going to love all the new breads and buns just in time for the holiday.
The #GFreeWifeyFoodBank collection bin will be at Cal’s Bakery from December 1 – 31 accepting your Gluten-free donations AND Cal will be matching pound for pound all donations you make. we look forward to seeing you all and enjoying some great company snacks and helping those in need this holiday season. Donations are optional and not required to attend. Any donations made will directly benefit access to safe food.
For your chance to win 1 of 3 copies of GfreeWifey Cookbook
THIS HOLIDAY SEASON I want to make it even easier for everyone to give what they can for our Holiday 2019 food drive
You can make monetary contribution HERE
We are excited to do something a little different this year and make it super easy and affordable for everyone to give.
I am partnering with Amazon to make it easy for you to select the gluten-free items most needed for the food bank and ship them directly to us. This way you know exactly how your impacting access to safe food and minimizing huger. We can get the food directly to people who need it right away.
SHOP #GFreeWifeyFoodBank MOST NEEDED ITEMS
With Amazon Prime, you’ll get awesome deals for shipping!
You can help GfreeWifeyfoodbank while cooking at home or buying a gift for someone you love,
Grab a copy of the GFreeWifey Community Cookbook. All the profits directly support #Gfreewifeyfoodbank